Job Opening at Biogents AG: Sales Representative with a background in medical entomology or similar fields
Biogents AG, located in Regensburg, Germany, is an innovative company on the forefront of mosquito control research and focuses on the development and production of highly efficient mosquito traps and attractants. Over 16 years of thorough scientific research in the areas of insect behavior and mosquito olfactory senses led to the development of an innovative trapping technology: the Biogents mosquito traps. Meanwhile, the BG-Sentinel trap is a worldwide proven standard tool for Aedes aegypti and Ae. albopictus surveillance. Biogents also runs a complementary contract research and development unit in the field of mosquito repellents and related products.
Over the last 10 years, Biogents has sold its products in over 100 countries and in various markets such as the professional pest control, health care industry including governmental and public health institutions as well as the end-consumer markets. Biogents is expanding and is looking for a well-organized Sales Representative for the mosquito trap and lure business to provide the necessary support to its sales department.
Start: as soon as possible
While the main focus of the job will be sales, the position will entail many other tasks and responsibilities as is typical within small companies. Various responsibilities would be:
- Sales:processing and organization of international orders with accuracy and timeliness, including the supervision of large international distributors and customers worldwide
- Customer service: answering customer questions and inquiries with technical knowledge of the products and responding to possible complaints including after-sales support
- Marketing: assist in the preparation and organizing of promotional material or events such as scientific conferences or commercial exhibitions and creating presentation to promote new products
- Administration: filing important documents and communicating relevant information including sorting financial and non-financial data in electronic form and presenting analytical reports
- Customer acquisition: making appointments or arrangements to meet new and existing customers
We are looking for a person with
- a good standard of general education, preferably with a background in medical entomology, vector control, or vector ecology and an interest in Biogents’ focus
- experience in sales or in other administrative positions is welcome
- good computer skills (MS Office, experience with an ERP System would be an additional plus)
- proficiency in English (Necessary, as 90% of sales are in English. Fluency in German is not necessary, however would be preferred. Additional languages would be very advantageous.)
- excellent communication skills to deal with a broad range of customers
- willingness to travel
- good organizational skills, confidence, flexibility and the willingness to work in a team atmosphere
- due to the structure of the company, social skills are a very important aspect as the team is small and must work closely together
Please send your CV and other relevant documents as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org . We are looking forward to your application!